In a world where trends rule the roost and there’s an ever changing fashion mantra, it’s important to stay trendy, because you feel good when you look good. Keeping up with the latest in the fashion front has become easier these days, thanks to the advent of online stores that compete with each other in a bid to provide the best shopping experience.
Especially when it comes to buying apparel, there are a lot of benefits that you can reap by choosing the online mode of shopping, although these are balanced out by a few cons as well.
Here, we’ve provided the pros and cons of buying your apparel online so that you can take the call on what you prefer!
The Pros of Buying Apparel Online
- You’ll find a greater choice of apparel online than in regular stores, with multiple brands housed under a single store.
- You can conveniently choose the size that best suits you, while you’ll have to hunt for the right size in a physical store.
- It’s easier to search for the exact garment that you want online, and all it takes is a click of the mouse.
- Shopping online is comfortable and convenient, as you don’t have to face the pressure of going outside, facing the traffic, and weaving through crowds.
- Online apparel stores are open throughout the week, 24×7, so you can shop whenever you want to without any constraints on time.
- It’s easier to add items to your cart and ultimately filter them out based on what the total price turns out to be – you can’t reject items in the checkout counter of a physical store.
- You’ll always find a boutique store online that appeals to your personal tastes in fashion, as there are hundreds of stores dedicated to diverse men and women.
- Garments are available in bulk always in stock, unlike in physical stores where the best clothes are picked out by the first bunch of buyers.
- Online apparel stores provide amazing discounts when compared to physical stores, so you’ll be saving a significant amount of money.
- You can instantly buy apparel and checkout, and there are no queues to hold you up, which is a common occurrence in physical stores.
- Most stores ship items for free, and often feature a return policy that you can take advantage of.
- You can use free coupon codes from the likes of Myntra, Jabong and others to make the best of your online purchase.
The Cons of Buying Apparel Online
- You won’t know if the garment is a perfect fit till it reaches you, so going by how it fits the model might not be the right measure.
- Delivery may take time depending on the store that you’re shopping in, so if you’re shopping for an immediate requirement or occasion, shopping online might not be the best option.
- Since you can’t touch or feel the items, you won’t know how comfortable the material might be till you receive the final product.
The pros of shopping for apparel online quite clearly outweigh the cons, thanks to the convenience and variety that apparel stores online have to offer. Plus, merchants are compensating for the compromise on fit and feel by providing intricate details about the material, high quality photos, and exact sizing specifications.
With the slow but steady rise of boutique stores that provide highly fashionable garments and easy access to apparel coupons, shopping for apparel online for now definitely seems to be the way to go!